Create a trusting atmosphere where everyone from your team is encouraged to speak up. Make a commitment to unlock your team’s full potential. Here are a few ways you can get started.
- Step in when you notice a colleague is being interrupted. Interject to say that you’d like to hear them finish their thought.
- Ask people who speak up less to share their ideas during meetings.
- Stay on alert for “stolen ideas” and look for opportunities to acknowledge the people who first proposed them.
- Take the Open Minds training course. If you manage a team, ask them to take it, too.
- Lead an Aspire to Lead workshop with your team. As a bonus, invite clients or others in your external network.