PwC is committed to protecting your personal information. This statement explains how we treat information about you that we collect when you make a ‘HeForShe commitment on this website, create an account to become a registered user or use this website after registration. [EK1] We may amend this privacy statement from to time by posting an updated privacy statement on this website.
PwC, we and us refer to the PwC Network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.[EK2]
Participation is voluntary
It’s entirely up to you whether you want to make a HeForShe commitment, become a registered user or contribute to this website.
How do we collect your information?
We collect the following information about you when you make a HeForShe commitment or create an account to become a registered user:
- your name
- your email address
- your country
- your gender.
When you use this website after making a HeForShe commitment or becoming a registered user, we also collect information about your device, IP address and browsing pattern.
Do we collect sensitive information about you?
We don't intend to collect sensitive personal information about you when you make a HeForShe commitment, create an account or use this website. Sensitive personal information includes information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, criminal records, physical or mental health, or sexual life.
If PwC does collect sensitive personal information about you through this website, you provide the information voluntarily and PwC accepts your consent for us to collect, store and use your sensitive personal information in the same ways as other personal information described in this statement.
How do we use your personal information?
PwC may use your personal information:
- to authenticate
- for reporting to UN women, as described below
- to identify you when to submit stories, comments or other content to this website or participate in other social activity on this website, including by identifying you to other [registered ][EK5] users in connection with that content or activity
- by making any content you submit and your social activity available to [all/other registered] users of the website,
- to operate, administer and manage this website
- to compile and analyse information about use of this website for reporting within PwC
- to record and report how many ‘PwC people’ make the HeForShe commitment
- to compile general site usage statistics for use in improving the usability and performance of the website
- to update registered users about activity on this website, as described below.
Reporting to UN Women
HeForShe is an initiative of UN Women, the UN organisation dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. UN Women is tracking global participation in HeForShe. To help with this, we report to UN Women on the number of people who make a HeForShe commitment on this website and the number of people who become registered users. By making a HeForShe commitment or becoming a registered user, you consent to this.
If you create an account and become a registered user:
- we will update you by email on activity from the people, places, and content you are following on this website
- we may include your name in email updates, including to other users, in connection with your activity on this website.
By creating an account to become a registered user, you agree we may send email updates to your registered email address. If you don’t want to receive email updates, you can opt out of receiving them at any time, free of charge by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
We will not pass your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Where will my personal information be transferred or stored?
PwC is a global network with member firms around the world. We may transfer and disclose that information between PwC member firms for any of the purposes set out in this statement. For a list of countries where PwC member firms are located, please see http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/office-locations/index.jhtml.
As a result, your personal information may be transferred outside the country where you’re located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information. Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient in a jurisdiction approved by the European Commission as offering who is in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for personal data (including the U.S. for personal information transferred to organisations in the U.S under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield) or
- under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA.
PwC uses resources and servers located in various countries around the world to process your personal information. Your personal information may also be transferred to third party service providers who process information on PwC's behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. Our third party service providers may also use their own third parties (sub-processors). PwC’s third party service providers and their sub-processors are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality and to process personal information only as instructed by PwC.
PwC may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation. PwC may also review and use your personal information to determine whether this disclosure is required or permitted.
How do I access the personal information you hold about me?
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable to law to obtain details of personal information PwC holds about you, or to correct that information or have it deleted, please contact the Privacy Administrator at email@example.com. PwC may charge for a request to access your personal information, if permitted under applicable law. You can also contact the Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a complaint about PwC’s handling of your personal information.
How long will PwC retain my personal information?
PwC may retain your personal information for as long as required for any of the purposes described above. PwC may also retain your personal information to the extent PwC is required or permitted to do so by by applicable law or regulation.
Does this system use analytics tools?
Yes – HeForShe uses tools that analyse log files for information relating to the security and use of HeForShe.
Will my information be secure?
PwC has put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or destruction, including unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of your personal information.